Been in an accident? What should you do next? Being in accident with injuries and property damages can get really expensive. Let The Barnes Law Office help you in your personal injury case.
The Barnes Law Office have the best personal injury lawyers in Atlanta that focus solely on accident cases in Georgia. This allows us to hone our skills on getting you and your family the best possible result from your claim.
To get the best possible result, it is crucial that you choose the right law firm. The Barnes Law Office have helped accident victims get the justice they deserve, and our lawyers are proud of their track record of success.
For a consultation, dial (404) 330-8420 today.
We have successfully fought for our clients who were hurt in the following types of accidents or who sustained the following types of injuries:
truck accidents. The damage from these injuries often has extensive and lifelong impacts upon the victims, but they can seek rightful compensation through a personal injury claim.
If you had a car or trucking accident, here are things you need to do at the scene of the accident:
(1) Determine the Extent of Damage or Injuries – Check to see if anyone needs urgent medical care. If you can, try not to move the vehicles unless they are causing a major problem with traffic. If possible, wait for the police before moving anything.
(2) Contact the Police- Even in a minor accident, it is important to make sure there is a legal accident report.
(3) Limit Your Conversation about the Accident with the Other Party- It is important to limit your discussion of the accident and not to admit any fault or liability. You should only talk about the accident with the police, medical professionals, and your attorney.
(4) Get the Facts of Your Car Accident- Getting the facts of an accident is the part most people know but often forget due to the stress of being in a car accident. It is important to get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone involved in the accident. A description of the car and license plate number can also be helpful, but make sure you also get their insurance company and their car’s vehicle identification number.
(5) Take Pictures of Your Car and the At-Fault Driver’s Car– Pictures are worth a thousand words. Taking pictures of your car, the at-fault driver’s car and the scene of the accident can possibly increase the value of your case.
(6) If You Sustain Any Bodily Injuries, Go Seek Medical Treatment Immediately– If you are feeling any type of pain go and seek medical treatment immediately. Go either to your local hospital or urgent care center. Car and trucking insurance companies look to see how long it took you to seek treatment- the sooner you see a doctor the better it will be for your case. Make sure to use your health insurance if available once you go and get treatment.